Album Review: Equipment – ChumpNovember 27, 2016
Admittedly, I’ve never been the most ambitious person. I’m pretty happy in my current existence but every once in a while I can’t help but wonder what I could have been had I my early twenties living up to my full potential. It’s rare that my mind drifts to these thoughts but it becomes hard...
Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part I featuring Baggage, Let It Happen, and Have MercyJune 10, 2016
June 5, 2016: The Fillmore, Detroit
The air that filled the Fillmore a few nights ago was filled with anticipation and a fair bit of sadness. I myself was filled with mixed emotions as the night began but we’ll save that for part II of this review. For now, let’s focus on the kick ass openers...
Interview with The Happy AlrightFebruary 16, 2016
In just a few releases, Dallas foursome, The Happy Alright, have proved that they’re not just like every other pop-punk act out there. They show tremendous growth with each release and are on the cusp of releasing their best set of songs to date. I sat down and talked with the guys about...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2015December 28, 2015
2015 was not an easy year which means that UBL took a backseat. I reviewed a lot less albums and attended half as many shows as last year. While I missed some concerts that I would have loved to see, I did get to see a lot of bands that have been on my concert bucket...
Chill on the Hill 2015 Part II: The Wombats, We Came As Romans, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Panic! At The Disco, and WeezerOctober 4, 2015
Interview with The Class ActsAugust 26, 2014
In my constant search for new music it’s nice to have a band kind of fall into your lap. Kalamazoo indie rock foursome, The Class Acts, contacted us about possibly reviewing their new EP, Plus One. I gave the EP a listen and then gave it another listen and then just one more before getting back...
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016 under Concert Previews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews