New Discovery: Saint RaymondJune 26, 2014
I was enjoying a small BBQ with my boyfriend, our mutual friend, and her son when “Everything She Wants” played over our bluetooth speaker. I quickly ran inside to check Pandora and make sure I made note of who was singing so that I could check him out when I had more time. As someone...
Album Review: THUMPERS – GaloreMarch 30, 2014
London based duo, THUMPERS, was formed in 2011 by long-time friends Marcus Pepperell and John Hamson Jr. (Friendly Fires). The band started simply as correspondence between the two which led to long recording sessions when they were taking breaks from traveling and other projects. After three years,...
Album Review: Dan Croll – Sweet DisarrayMarch 4, 2014
Dan Croll, one of the most promising artists of 2014, released his debut album Sweet Disarray with the help of musical engineer Joe Wills. He quickly won over fans after releasing his EP From Nowhere; as a result, both “Compliment Your Soul” and “From Nowhere” found themselves in the #1 spot on Sirius...
Album Review: Fanfarlo – Let’s Go ExtinctFebruary 12, 2014
Fanfarlo worked collectively with sound engineer David Wrench in North Wales, producing a philosophical album that explores human existence and evolution. Let’s Go Extinct is a well thought-out, themed album that you should listen to while you’re stargazing, in the middle of a field, imagining the livelihood of our universe. Fanfarlo’s mastermind, Simon...
Concert Review: Bastille and GrizfolkJanuary 21, 2014
January 19, 2014: The Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, Michigan
Grizfolk, a band from Los Angeles and Stockholm (currently residing in California), opened for BΔSTILLE. I listened to their single “The Struggle” before the concert, but other than that I hadn’t heard of them. They’re a drum led alt-folk band that has...
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Astronauts – Four Songs EP under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews