Tag: Tunde Olaniran
Album Review: AØK – WavesFebruary 15, 2019
After making music for eight years, Grand Rapids indie-pop duo AØK have decided to call it quits, but not before releasing one last set of dance inducing tracks. Guitarist Kyle Sullivan and singer Angela Teeple (aka Angela B) wanted to ensure that their farewell EP, Waves, would send them out on the high note so...
Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 1August 9, 2016
I’m going to be honest, the last thing I wanted to do when I woke up the Saturday of Mo Pop was get up and go sit out in the heat all day. I had been dreading the day all week after the temps rose back up to unbearable. That doesn’t even factor in the...
Jessica’s Favorite Albums of 2015December 30, 2015
It’s been a rough year personally for me and one of the things that suffered the most was UBL. I didn’t attend as many concerts and found myself unable to muster the motivation to listen to new music on the regular. When it finally came to compiling a list of my favorite albums of the...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & AkimboAugust 23, 2014
July 25, 2014: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor
I’d like to start out by apologizing for this being so late! I’m usually quick to get concert reviews done, but my life has been a small bundle of chaos lately with no real downtime to spend on any side projects. With that said, lets get right to...
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part III: Motion City SoundtrackMay 20, 2014
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part II: Tunde Olaniran and Flint EastwoodMay 13, 2014
The second half of my first Metro Times Blowout night featured two artists that I have come to look forward to seeing live. We’ve reviewed them both before and although their music is very different, the reason I love them is the same: They put on a hell of a live show.
Since starting the blog, I’ve...
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part I: YUM and The HandGrenadesMay 8, 2014
When I first found out about Metro Times Blowout a few weeks ago I had to wonder how I could have missed it. A local music festival that features a long list of local bands spread over the metro-Detroit area seems like it would have been on my radar a long time ago but, alas,...
Concert Review: Tunde Olaniran and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.April 21, 2014
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part I: Bristol Street, Sleeper Agent, and My Goodness under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries
- New Discovery: Hozier under New Discoveries