Tag: The Strokes
Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not ExistAugust 6, 2016
Interview with LeggyJanuary 20, 2016
I first discovered Cincinnati’s self-described swoon punk trio, Leggy, a few weeks ago when I wrote up a preview of this year’s Secret Friend’s Fest. I was instantly hooked to their punk infused with surf rock and sweet pop sounds. Thankfully for me, their new ep, Dang, was days away from releasing....
Interview with The Lake EffectsJanuary 7, 2016
We love featuring bands from our home state of Michigan here on UBL what makes The Lake Effects a bit more special is that they also attend my alma mater, Grand Valley State University. The foursome have been making sweet brass infused music together since 2013 and released their new EP, My Friends All Left Me, back in September....
Concert Review: Young Rival and Born RuffiansDecember 7, 2015
December 2, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I’ve been a Born Ruffian since I first heard “Little Garçon” off their album Red, Yellow & Blue back around 2008 but it wasn’t until the release of their 2013 album, Birthmarks, that Born Ruffians really sank their hooks into me. I listened to the album non-stop and still find myself revisiting...
Interview with The Class ActsAugust 26, 2014
In my constant search for new music it’s nice to have a band kind of fall into your lap. Kalamazoo indie rock foursome, The Class Acts, contacted us about possibly reviewing their new EP, Plus One. I gave the EP a listen and then gave it another listen and then just one more before getting back...
Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release ShowJanuary 12, 2014
January 11, 2014: The Loving Touch, Ferndale, MI
Our new friend, Dean from Silent Lions, invited us to attend the second night of the Secret Friends Fest at The Loving Touch to celebrate the release of their new album, Compartments. Added bonus that there would be several other bands for us to check...
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Morning Bear – Take Flight under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Dream Chief – Movement EP under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Manwomanchild – Awkward Island under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- Interview with Jack Swing under Interviews
- Single Review: The Lighthouse and the Whaler – I Want To Feel Alive under Single Reviews
- Album Review: WET MATH – Echo under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews