Tag: The Pike Room
Single Review: Michigander – NinetiesApril 29, 2016
I’ve been waiting for new music from Kalamazoo’s own Jason Singer, aka Michigander, since I first discovered him while perusing the Real Feels video archive late one night. As there were only a limited number of tracks I could find from Michigander, seeing them on the roster for Fusion Show’s...
Concert Review: Fusion Shows Eighth Birthday ShowJanuary 10, 2016
The first live show of the year can really set the pace and help you get excited for every other concert to come. When I saw that it was time to celebrate Fusion Shows’ birthday and that some new and old favorites would be performing I knew that it would be the perfect way to...
Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling ElectricMay 9, 2015
Single Review: Lights & Caves – DaydreamerApril 29, 2015
Concert Review: Arkells, Jamie N Commons, & X AmbassadorsOctober 22, 2014
Concert Review: Topshelf Tour Featuring Field Mouse, Prawn, Diamond Youth, and A Great Big Pile of LeavesOctober 2, 2014
September 27, 2014: The Pike Room, Pontiac
Having a lot of love for Prawn’s newest album, Kingfisher, I couldn’t really miss the chance to see them live. I made a note to pick up tickets, putting it off until I had some extra cash but between Chill on the Hill and getting sick, I managed...
Concert Review: Big Scary and Jeremy MessersmithJune 10, 2014
Concert Review: Kate Myers, Empires, and Margot & the Nuclear So and So’sMay 6, 2014
Concert Review: The Wind + The Wave, Night Terrors of 1927, and The ColouristApril 2, 2014
Concert Review: Lights & Caves, Parade of Lights, Chappo, and Royal TeethMarch 11, 2014
March 3, 2014: The Pike Room, Pontiac, Michigan
To be honest I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. Perhaps it’s due to this never ending winter we’ve been experiencing (seriously starting to forget what grass smells and feels like). This coupled with a few stressful weeks at work has made getting out of...
Concert Review: Fusion Shows Presents The Reptilian, Braided Veins, A Great Big Pile of Leaves, The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, and Into It. Over It.March 6, 2014
Concert Review: Tristen and Jeremy MessersmithFebruary 14, 2014
February 12, 2014: The Pike Room, Pontiac, Michigan
The new Jeremy Messersmith album, Heart Murmurs, increased my want to see him live exponentially the more I listened to it. Thankfully I only had to wait a week after the release to hear him in the perfect intimate setting of The Pike Room.
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- Interview with The Lake Effects under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews