Tag: The Loving Touch
Album Review: DL Rossi – The Apartment EPFebruary 5, 2016
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2015December 28, 2015
2015 was not an easy year which means that UBL took a backseat. I reviewed a lot less albums and attended half as many shows as last year. While I missed some concerts that I would have loved to see, I did get to see a lot of bands that have been on my concert bucket...
Concert Review: Young Rival and Born RuffiansDecember 7, 2015
December 2, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I’ve been a Born Ruffian since I first heard “Little Garçon” off their album Red, Yellow & Blue back around 2008 but it wasn’t until the release of their 2013 album, Birthmarks, that Born Ruffians really sank their hooks into me. I listened to the album non-stop and still find myself revisiting...
Album Review: Flint Eastwood – Small Victories EPNovember 2, 2015
Concert Review: Tanner Merritt, Andy Hull, and Dustin KensrueApril 27, 2015
April 22, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I had figured that the odds of Andy Hull ever playing any Right Away, Great Captain songs live were just about slim to none. When he announced a solo tour with Thrice front man, Dustin Kensrue, I still didn’t want to get my hopes up just in case....
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part III: Motion City SoundtrackMay 20, 2014
Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint EastwoodJanuary 20, 2014
Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release ShowJanuary 12, 2014
January 11, 2014: The Loving Touch, Ferndale, MI
Our new friend, Dean from Silent Lions, invited us to attend the second night of the Secret Friends Fest at The Loving Touch to celebrate the release of their new album, Compartments. Added bonus that there would be several other bands for us to check...
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Interview with Big Shoals under Interviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Dead Seem Old – This Mess Won’t Make Itself under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Mountain Babies – Existence of Resistance under Album Reviews, Michigan Music