Tag: The Fillmore
Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part II featuring Motion City SoundtrackJune 14, 2016
June 5, 2016: The Fillmore, Detroit
While the time between sets can feel never-ending when you’re waiting for one of your favorite bands to take the stage, I was happy to let the rest of the night pass as slowly as possible. But, as it always does, time seemed to move at super speed and it...
Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part I featuring Baggage, Let It Happen, and Have MercyJune 10, 2016
June 5, 2016: The Fillmore, Detroit
The air that filled the Fillmore a few nights ago was filled with anticipation and a fair bit of sadness. I myself was filled with mixed emotions as the night began but we’ll save that for part II of this review. For now, let’s focus on the kick ass openers...
Concert Review: Reggie and the Full Effect, Saves the Day, and Say AnythingDecember 9, 2014
December 8, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
Despite the fact that I had a wedding to stand up in on Saturday (Congrats Jessica & Jeff!), there was nothing that was going to keep me from seeing two of my favorite bands play live. So although my body was crying out for me to stay home in bed,...
Concert Review: Mikky Ekko and Alt-JNovember 12, 2014
November 10, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
Alt-J have made a permanent spot in my favorite band list over the last 2 years. No matter what current new release I’m falling in love with, I always seem to find my way back to An Awesome Wave. Their new release, This Is All Yours, has also made...
Concert Review: Stu Larsen, The Once, and PassengerAugust 20, 2014
August 17, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
In need of an August concert and more recently finding myself obsessed with Passenger, I decided his first Detroit show was a must. Unfortunately there was also a One Direction concert in town so maneuvering through the streets of Detroit and finding reasonably priced parking was made a bit more...
Jessica’s Top Performances of 2013December 21, 2013
This year was a fantastic year of concerts for me. I saw a total of 15 concerts with 44 artists which is the most I’ve seen in a single year. All these great performances (I wasn’t disappointed once) made it a pretty daunting task to narrow it down, but somehow I managed to do it.
Jaci’s Top Performances of 2013December 18, 2013
Let me start off by saying how difficult this was. I saw thirty-two bands this year, picking my top ten performances was hard. Ranking them? Even harder.
#10: Three-Eleven – July 7, 2013 | DTE Energy Music Theatre | Clarkston, MI
I’ve loved 311 since I was in high school and still hadn’t seen them live; I...
Concert Review: Tegan and Sara & Walk Off The EarthDecember 15, 2013
93.9 The River’s Winter Icebreaker Concert
Wednesday, December 11, 2013: The Fillmore, Detroit, Michigan
I like to joke around that: if Twitter had a lotto Jessica would win! She scored us general admission tickets to see Tegan and Sara, featuring Walk Off The Earth. Honestly, I hadn’t ever really paid attention to Walk Off...
Get lost in the hazy psychedelic trip that is the debut album of Hamilton, Ontario's psychedelic indie rock outfit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Album Review: The Stools - Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part I: Bristol Street, Sleeper Agent, and My Goodness under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with The Lake Effects under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with The Happy Alright under Interviews
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: Finish Ticket, Misterwives, and The Mowgli's under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Old Best Friend - Living Alone under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 2 under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Kate Myers, Empires, and Margot & the Nuclear So and So's under Concert Reviews