Interview with Mountain BirdSeptember 16, 2015
Adam Öhman has been crafting ethereal emotional tracks under the Mountain Bird moniker for a little while now but his new single “Dream” has him transitioning into a grander, cinematic sound that is sure to catch your attention. “Dream” is the first track off his upcoming full length LP due in spring of 2016 and as...
Concert Review: First Aid KitJuly 31, 2015
July 29, 2015: Saint Andrew’s Hall, Detroit
It was very strange this year not to be at the place that I have spent my last 8 birthdays at but going to the Traverse City Film Festival just didn’t work out for us this year what with our upcoming wedding and spending in Christmas in Florida with...
Concert Review: Bastille and GrizfolkJanuary 21, 2014
January 19, 2014: The Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, Michigan
Grizfolk, a band from Los Angeles and Stockholm (currently residing in California), opened for BΔSTILLE. I listened to their single “The Struggle” before the concert, but other than that I hadn’t heard of them. They’re a drum led alt-folk band that has...
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews