Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Single Review: Silent Lions – This is SymbioticDecember 5, 2014
We’re approaching our one year anniversary here at Under Bright Lights and honestly I can’t believe how far this little idea has gone. We have a lot of people to thank for that but one of the bands we probably owe the most to would have to be the guys in Silent Lions. They were...
Album Review: Silent Lions – The CompartmentsJanuary 16, 2014
From the first note of “Runnin’ Me Down”, Silent Lions weaves a soulful, distorted journey through their newest EP, The Compartments. Dean Tartaglia’s often distorted voice slides over fuzzy bass lines, multiple synth loops, and eerie piano while Matt Klein’s thrashing drums drive the beat from soulful blues to psychedelic punk all...
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Mr. Phylzzz – Sound Like Everybody Else under Album Reviews