Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Single Review: Silent Lions – This is SymbioticDecember 5, 2014
We’re approaching our one year anniversary here at Under Bright Lights and honestly I can’t believe how far this little idea has gone. We have a lot of people to thank for that but one of the bands we probably owe the most to would have to be the guys in Silent Lions. They were...
Album Review: Silent Lions – The CompartmentsJanuary 16, 2014
From the first note of “Runnin’ Me Down”, Silent Lions weaves a soulful, distorted journey through their newest EP, The Compartments. Dean Tartaglia’s often distorted voice slides over fuzzy bass lines, multiple synth loops, and eerie piano while Matt Klein’s thrashing drums drive the beat from soulful blues to psychedelic punk all...
Get lost in the hazy psychedelic trip that is the debut album of Hamilton, Ontario's psychedelic indie rock outfit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Album Reviews
- Album Review: The Stools – Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: DREAMERS under New Discoveries
- New Discovery: ELEL under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Graceful Closure – Rév under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Lovedrug – Cult Kid! / Ray Gun under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: X Ambassadors and Muse under Concert Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Premiere: Valerie the Vulture – James Dean under Michigan Music, Premiere