Tag: Secret Friends Fest
Interview with LeggyJanuary 20, 2016
I first discovered Cincinnati’s self-described swoon punk trio, Leggy, a few weeks ago when I wrote up a preview of this year’s Secret Friend’s Fest. I was instantly hooked to their punk infused with surf rock and sweet pop sounds. Thankfully for me, their new ep, Dang, was days away from releasing....
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Way back when UBL was just getting its start, we attended a show that kind of gave us our first glimpse into the budding Detroit music scene. The first annual Secret Friends Fest’s roster was filled with many up and coming bands mostly from right here in the mitten state. In just...
Album Review: Odd Hours – norepinephrine + dopamineJuly 19, 2015
Another Detroit band that we first had the pleasure of discovering at Secret Friends Fest has new music out and we couldn’t be more excited about it. Odd Hours still sticks out in my mind almost two years later as their set was definitely one of the most unique live experiences I’ve...
Album Review: Tart – These Are Not Love SongsJuly 10, 2015
A few months ago we were lucky enough to get a peek at what the Detroit based duo, Tart, had been up to since we first saw them at Secret Friends Fest. “Rabid Dogs” offered a broader, more fleshed out sound that we had hear at SFF filled to...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Single Review: Tart – Rabid DogsNovember 17, 2014
Back when we were first starting out here at Under Bright Lights, we hit the Secret Friends Fest where we got to discover so many talented Michigan bands. The first band on that night was Tart, a two-piece out of Detroit...
Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release ShowJanuary 12, 2014
January 11, 2014: The Loving Touch, Ferndale, MI
Our new friend, Dean from Silent Lions, invited us to attend the second night of the Secret Friends Fest at The Loving Touch to celebrate the release of their new album, Compartments. Added bonus that there would be several other bands for us to check...
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The Offspring under Festival Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release Show under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews