Tag: Say Anything
Interview with The Happy AlrightFebruary 16, 2016
In just a few releases, Dallas foursome, The Happy Alright, have proved that they’re not just like every other pop-punk act out there. They show tremendous growth with each release and are on the cusp of releasing their best set of songs to date. I sat down and talked with the guys about...
New Discovery: HarveyJanuary 26, 2016
Album Review: NOside – RapidisassemblySeptember 14, 2015
Every year as soon as August hits I begin to crave fall. I love a good flannel or hoodie, some pumpkin pie, and, for some strange reason, rock and emo music. Maybe it’s the memories of walking around the campus of my old alma mater, Grand Valley State University, while the leaves were changing, headphones firmly...
Single Review: Lovedrug – Cult Kid! / Ray GunJuly 24, 2015
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Concert Review: Reggie and the Full Effect, Saves the Day, and Say AnythingDecember 9, 2014
December 8, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
Despite the fact that I had a wedding to stand up in on Saturday (Congrats Jessica & Jeff!), there was nothing that was going to keep me from seeing two of my favorite bands play live. So although my body was crying out for me to stay home in bed,...
Album Review: Merriment – SwayApril 8, 2014
It seems like the youngest members of the DuPree brood, Christie and Collin, were destined to be in the music business. With their mother being a vocalist, their father a band manager, and their four older siblings and cousin comprising Eisley, it only made sense that the duo would eventually venture into the family business.
Jessica’s Top Performances of 2013December 21, 2013
This year was a fantastic year of concerts for me. I saw a total of 15 concerts with 44 artists which is the most I’ve seen in a single year. All these great performances (I wasn’t disappointed once) made it a pretty daunting task to narrow it down, but somehow I managed to do it.
Concert Review: Merriment, Sherri Dupree-Bemis, Matt Pryor, Perma, And Max BemisDecember 12, 2013
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Morning Bear – Take Flight under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Interview with Dream Chief under Interviews
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews