2016 Wrap UpDecember 31, 2016
If you’ve been paying attention to UBL at all this year I’m sure you’ve noticed the lack of posts. Personally, I don’t think I’ve ever had as rough a year as 2016 and I’ll be happy to see it go. Unfortunately one of the first things that happens when I’m really down is that I...
Concert Review: We Are the City, Eisley, and CopelandNovember 19, 2015
November 14, 2015: The Crofoot, Pontiac
Eisley has been one of my favorite bands for quite some time now. While I’ve always been a fan, it was the release of their album, The Valley, that cemented their place among my all time favorite bands of all time making their live show a must see whenever...
Concert Review: First Aid KitJuly 31, 2015
July 29, 2015: Saint Andrew’s Hall, Detroit
It was very strange this year not to be at the place that I have spent my last 8 birthdays at but going to the Traverse City Film Festival just didn’t work out for us this year what with our upcoming wedding and spending in Christmas in Florida with...
Concert Review: Tanner Merritt, Andy Hull, and Dustin KensrueApril 27, 2015
April 22, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I had figured that the odds of Andy Hull ever playing any Right Away, Great Captain songs live were just about slim to none. When he announced a solo tour with Thrice front man, Dustin Kensrue, I still didn’t want to get my hopes up just in case....
Album Review: Yellow Ostrich – CosmosMarch 15, 2014
Before Yellow Ostrich got together to start working on any new material, Alex Schaaf spent as much time as he could studying up on some astronomers, particularly Carl Sagan and Frank Drake. While Schaaf spent his time exploring the galaxy, drummer Michael Tapper sailed from Mexico to Hawaii, spending nearly a...
Album Review: Hollow & Akimbo – Hollow & AkimboFebruary 16, 2014
Ann Arbor based duo Hollow & Akimbo‘s self-titled album is mindfully crafted in a way that requires multiples listens to hear every intricate texture layered perfectly over the album’s 10 tracks. Childhood friends Jonathan Visger and Brian Konicek have worked together before as part of the band Mason Proper...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Passenger – Whispers under Album Reviews
- Album Review: WET MATH – Echo under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Gavin James and Kodaline under Concert Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews