Album Review: Lung – All the King’s HorsesJanuary 13, 2019
Album Review: Resilient – How to PeachNovember 7, 2017
It seems that the only music that sates me lately is the thrashing alternative and grunge rock of the 90’s. While I haven’t minded blasting my old favorites, I couldn’t help but start to feel like I need something new to throw into the mix. Thankfully I stumbled across Philly quartet Resilient’s...
Album Review: Leggy – DangJanuary 23, 2016
Lately I’ve been in need of some motivation, something to grab me and kick me into overdrive. Thankfully, up and coming garage rock trio Leggy just released a new EP that is dripping with sweet saccharine pop hiding beneath surf rock infused punk that’ll have you up and dancing like a go-go dancer on...
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Album Review: Hot Mulligan – Honest & CunningDecember 12, 2015
I’ve been diving into the tag system of Bandcamp to help me discover more music. I recently stumbled across Save Your Generation Records’ page, which just happens to be based out of Detroit, picked a random album to listen to and have had said album on repeat ever since. Hot Mulligan mixes...
Album Review: Backpacks – Still LifeDecember 4, 2015
It’s always a treat to find a new emo band to fall in love with and even better when that band just happens to be Michigan grown. I became immediately obsessed with Backpacks after stumbling across their new EP, Still Life, on Bandcamp. What really caught my attention after listening to their...
Interview with BackpacksDecember 1, 2015
If you haven’t used Bandcamp to discover new music yet then you’re really missing out. I can’t count the number of bands that I’ve discovered by spending hours clicking around the site. That’s how I discovered the musical stylings of Mount Pleasant, Michigan foursome, Backpacks. I was hooked for the opening of the...
Concert Review: O’Brother, The Front Bottoms, and Manchester OrchestraDecember 8, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013: St. Andrew’s Hall, Detroit, Michigan
Unfortunately I couldn’t make it in time to see O’Brother’s full set. They were mid-song when we walked into St. Andrew’s. The stage was awash in red light, casting the band in shadows which completely fit their sound. Dark, mysterious, a little...
Concert Review: Silent Lions, Flint Eastwood, and StepdadDecember 8, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, Michigan
On November 14th I was notified that Stepdad was coming back into town. After regretting not seeing them earlier in the year—they toured through Michigan quite a bit—I was stoked! Immediately I contacted my partner in crime, Jessica, and told her we had to go. Ironically,...
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Astronauts – Four Songs EP under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews