Album Review: All Is Well – I Swear SomedaySeptember 5, 2017
Grand Rapids melodic post-rock quintet All Is Well use their first full-length LP to explore the depths of mental health issues, reaching beyond the genre’s tendencies and exploring a vast sonic landscape that’s quite impressive especially for a first album. I Swear Someday was written at a time of transition for the members of...
Album Review: Salt Creek – Where Strangers GoJune 21, 2017
Things have been non-stop for Lincoln, Nebraska quintet Salt Creek since their inception just over a year ago. After releasing a two-song demo and music video the band took to the road making fans across the Midwest. The guys took a brief break to record their debut EP, Where Strangers Go, which managed to make...
Album Review: Prawn – KingfisherAugust 14, 2014
Every year, just after my annual trip to Traverse City for the Film Festival, I start to really crave autumn. Maybe it’s all the back to school ads, or because of the wonderful fall like weather we experienced here for a few days, but I’ve really started to ache for the cooler weather and beautiful...
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews