Album Review: The Flats – Auburn in the EverlastJanuary 5, 2017
Album Review: Equipment – ChumpNovember 27, 2016
Admittedly, I’ve never been the most ambitious person. I’m pretty happy in my current existence but every once in a while I can’t help but wonder what I could have been had I my early twenties living up to my full potential. It’s rare that my mind drifts to these thoughts but it becomes hard...
Single Review: Basic Cable Preachers – Tomorrow’s GoneAugust 31, 2016
If you’re not paying attention to the Columbus music scene you are doing yourself a huge disservice. My most recent discovery is the psch-rock with a pop twist quartet Basic Cable Preachers and their track “Tomorrow’s Gone.”
I don’t watch many...
Album Review: Rival Summers – UndeniableApril 11, 2016
I’ve been patiently awaiting the arrival of Rival Summers’ new album ever since seeing them play Fusion Shows’ Eighth Birthday Show back in January. Although it’s felt like a long wait their new album couldn’t have come at a better time. The last few months have been rough ones making it hard...
Album Review: You Me At Six – Cavalier YouthJanuary 28, 2014
The quintet’s fourth studio album does a complete 180 from the sinister, tough sound of their last album, Sinners Never Sleep. You Me At Six took the safe road and didn’t really experiment with their sound, but that won’t deter their fans from listening. You Me At Six tells a poignant story exploring life’s...
Concert Review: Silent Lions, Flint Eastwood, and StepdadDecember 8, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, Michigan
On November 14th I was notified that Stepdad was coming back into town. After regretting not seeing them earlier in the year—they toured through Michigan quite a bit—I was stoked! Immediately I contacted my partner in crime, Jessica, and told her we had to go. Ironically,...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The Offspring under Festival Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Interview with DL Rossi under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release Show under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 2 under Festival Reviews