Album Review: The Flats – Auburn in the EverlastJanuary 5, 2017
Album Review: Equipment – ChumpNovember 27, 2016
Admittedly, I’ve never been the most ambitious person. I’m pretty happy in my current existence but every once in a while I can’t help but wonder what I could have been had I my early twenties living up to my full potential. It’s rare that my mind drifts to these thoughts but it becomes hard...
Single Review: Basic Cable Preachers – Tomorrow’s GoneAugust 31, 2016
Album Review: Rival Summers – UndeniableApril 11, 2016
I’ve been patiently awaiting the arrival of Rival Summers’ new album ever since seeing them play Fusion Shows’ Eighth Birthday Show back in January. Although it’s felt like a long wait their new album couldn’t have come at a better time. The last few months have been rough ones making it hard...
Album Review: You Me At Six – Cavalier YouthJanuary 28, 2014
The quintet’s fourth studio album does a complete 180 from the sinister, tough sound of their last album, Sinners Never Sleep. You Me At Six took the safe road and didn’t really experiment with their sound, but that won’t deter their fans from listening. You Me At Six tells a poignant story exploring life’s...
Concert Review: Silent Lions, Flint Eastwood, and StepdadDecember 8, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, Michigan
On November 14th I was notified that Stepdad was coming back into town. After regretting not seeing them earlier in the year—they toured through Michigan quite a bit—I was stoked! Immediately I contacted my partner in crime, Jessica, and told her we had to go. Ironically,...
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Interview with Big Shoals under Interviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Dead Seem Old – This Mess Won’t Make Itself under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Mountain Babies – Existence of Resistance under Album Reviews, Michigan Music