Tag: Pop Punk
Album Review: The Lake Effects – IowayFebruary 4, 2017
Interview with The Lake EffectsJanuary 31, 2017
Album Review: Equipment – ChumpNovember 27, 2016
Admittedly, I’ve never been the most ambitious person. I’m pretty happy in my current existence but every once in a while I can’t help but wonder what I could have been had I my early twenties living up to my full potential. It’s rare that my mind drifts to these thoughts but it becomes hard...
Album Review: The Happy Alright – Vacancies EPFebruary 18, 2016
As a thirty-something fan of pop-punk, I find myself often rolling my eyes at other music enthusiasts who seem to think that I’m a little old for the genre. While it’s hard not to feel like that sometimes, especially when I’m at a pop-punk concert and look around to see that, aside from parents, I might...
Interview with The Happy AlrightFebruary 16, 2016
In just a few releases, Dallas foursome, The Happy Alright, have proved that they’re not just like every other pop-punk act out there. They show tremendous growth with each release and are on the cusp of releasing their best set of songs to date. I sat down and talked with the guys about...
New Discovery: HarveyJanuary 26, 2016
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Album Review: Hot Mulligan – Honest & CunningDecember 12, 2015
I’ve been diving into the tag system of Bandcamp to help me discover more music. I recently stumbled across Save Your Generation Records’ page, which just happens to be based out of Detroit, picked a random album to listen to and have had said album on repeat ever since. Hot Mulligan mixes...
Album Review: Backpacks – Still LifeDecember 4, 2015
It’s always a treat to find a new emo band to fall in love with and even better when that band just happens to be Michigan grown. I became immediately obsessed with Backpacks after stumbling across their new EP, Still Life, on Bandcamp. What really caught my attention after listening to their...
Interview with BackpacksDecember 1, 2015
If you haven’t used Bandcamp to discover new music yet then you’re really missing out. I can’t count the number of bands that I’ve discovered by spending hours clicking around the site. That’s how I discovered the musical stylings of Mount Pleasant, Michigan foursome, Backpacks. I was hooked for the opening of the...
Concert Review: Tigers Jaw, New Found Glory, and YellowcardNovember 8, 2015
November 5, 2015: Saint Andrew’s Hall, Detroit
There’s nothing like a show that’s filled to the brim with nostalgia and excited fans to help lift your spirits and remind you why you enjoy going to concerts in the first place. It’s been a rough year concert wise, mostly because I just seem to have no energy...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Jack Knight under Interviews
- Album Review: Mike Mains & the Branches – Calm Down, Everything is Fine under Album Reviews, Michigan Music