Tag: Neil Young
Interview with Jack KnightMay 27, 2018
Hailing from the small, northern California town of Chico, Jack Knight has harnessed influences ranging from Led Zeppelin to Neutral Milk Hotel and infused them with fuzzy guitars and witty lyrics on his debut LP, Some for Jack, Some for Jesus. There’s an air of familiarity the first time you listen through the album like when...
Album Review: Jessie Abbey – The Deep and the SeaSeptember 11, 2016
Sometimes all you need to help jump start some creativity is a change in scenery. This was the case for singer-songwriter Jessie Abbey who made the move from sunny California to the just as sunny Florida with her band, Musical Charis. The move sparked Abbey to explore the music of her upbringing,...
Album Review: Nathan Roberts & The New Birds: Nathan Roberts & The New BirdsFebruary 18, 2014
Aside from my love of horror movies, I also inherited my mom’s taste in music. I’m sure it stems from spending Saturday night’s listening to all of her records while hanging out with family and friends but I’ve always loved classic rock, particularly from the 70’s. It’s something that has followed me into adulthood and...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Passenger – Whispers under Album Reviews
- Album Review: WET MATH – Echo under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Gavin James and Kodaline under Concert Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews