Tag: Motion City Soundtrack
2016 Wrap UpDecember 31, 2016
If you’ve been paying attention to UBL at all this year I’m sure you’ve noticed the lack of posts. Personally, I don’t think I’ve ever had as rough a year as 2016 and I’ll be happy to see it go. Unfortunately one of the first things that happens when I’m really down is that I...
Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part II featuring Motion City SoundtrackJune 14, 2016
June 5, 2016: The Fillmore, Detroit
While the time between sets can feel never-ending when you’re waiting for one of your favorite bands to take the stage, I was happy to let the rest of the night pass as slowly as possible. But, as it always does, time seemed to move at super speed and it...
Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part I featuring Baggage, Let It Happen, and Have MercyJune 10, 2016
June 5, 2016: The Fillmore, Detroit
The air that filled the Fillmore a few nights ago was filled with anticipation and a fair bit of sadness. I myself was filled with mixed emotions as the night began but we’ll save that for part II of this review. For now, let’s focus on the kick ass openers...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2015December 28, 2015
2015 was not an easy year which means that UBL took a backseat. I reviewed a lot less albums and attended half as many shows as last year. While I missed some concerts that I would have loved to see, I did get to see a lot of bands that have been on my concert bucket...
Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City SoundtrackJanuary 25, 2015
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part III: Motion City SoundtrackMay 20, 2014
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part II: Tunde Olaniran and Flint EastwoodMay 13, 2014
The second half of my first Metro Times Blowout night featured two artists that I have come to look forward to seeing live. We’ve reviewed them both before and although their music is very different, the reason I love them is the same: They put on a hell of a live show.
Since starting the blog, I’ve...
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part I: YUM and The HandGrenadesMay 8, 2014
When I first found out about Metro Times Blowout a few weeks ago I had to wonder how I could have missed it. A local music festival that features a long list of local bands spread over the metro-Detroit area seems like it would have been on my radar a long time ago but, alas,...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with The Lake Effects under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Grounders – Grounders under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews