Concert Review: Kate Myers, Empires, and Margot & the Nuclear So and So’sMay 6, 2014
Concert Review: The Wind + The Wave, Night Terrors of 1927, and The ColouristApril 2, 2014
Concert Review: Fusion Shows Presents The Reptilian, Braided Veins, A Great Big Pile of Leaves, The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, and Into It. Over It.March 6, 2014
Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski and The Soil And The SunFebruary 26, 2014
Album Review: Hollow & Akimbo – Hollow & AkimboFebruary 16, 2014
Ann Arbor based duo Hollow & Akimbo‘s self-titled album is mindfully crafted in a way that requires multiples listens to hear every intricate texture layered perfectly over the album’s 10 tracks. Childhood friends Jonathan Visger and Brian Konicek have worked together before as part of the band Mason Proper...
Concert Review: Bastille and GrizfolkJanuary 21, 2014
January 19, 2014: The Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, Michigan
Grizfolk, a band from Los Angeles and Stockholm (currently residing in California), opened for BΔSTILLE. I listened to their single “The Struggle” before the concert, but other than that I hadn’t heard of them. They’re a drum led alt-folk band that has...
Jaci’s Top Performances of 2013December 18, 2013
Let me start off by saying how difficult this was. I saw thirty-two bands this year, picking my top ten performances was hard. Ranking them? Even harder.
#10: Three-Eleven – July 7, 2013 | DTE Energy Music Theatre | Clarkston, MI
I’ve loved 311 since I was in high school and still hadn’t seen them live; I...
Concert Review: Tegan and Sara & Walk Off The EarthDecember 15, 2013
93.9 The River’s Winter Icebreaker Concert
Wednesday, December 11, 2013: The Fillmore, Detroit, Michigan
I like to joke around that: if Twitter had a lotto Jessica would win! She scored us general admission tickets to see Tegan and Sara, featuring Walk Off The Earth. Honestly, I hadn’t ever really paid attention to Walk Off...
Concert Review: Silent Lions, Flint Eastwood, and StepdadDecember 8, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, Michigan
On November 14th I was notified that Stepdad was coming back into town. After regretting not seeing them earlier in the year—they toured through Michigan quite a bit—I was stoked! Immediately I contacted my partner in crime, Jessica, and told her we had to go. Ironically,...
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Album Review: WET MATH – Echo under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Interview with Dream Chief under Interviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Album Review: Tim Korenich – What A Weird Thing under Album Reviews