Tag: Local Natives
Single Review: The Lighthouse and the Whaler – I Want To Feel AliveJune 9, 2015
I stumbled across The Lighthouse and the Whaler in late 2013 and fell instantly in love. I listened to their two albums non-stop for months and waited patiently for new music. I was elated when they released the news that a new album would be coming out this year (August 28th to be exact)....
Single Review: Indigo Wild – High PointMarch 20, 2015
Interview with Indigo WildJuly 15, 2014
Once again our friend Dean Tartaglia (Silent Lions) has turned us on to some great Columbus, Ohio music. Indigo Wild released their debut EP, If By Sea, in 2011 and listening to it makes me wonder if Local Natives used it as inspiration for their newest album, Hummingbird. Since then, the guys have...
Album Review: Yellow Ostrich – CosmosMarch 15, 2014
Before Yellow Ostrich got together to start working on any new material, Alex Schaaf spent as much time as he could studying up on some astronomers, particularly Carl Sagan and Frank Drake. While Schaaf spent his time exploring the galaxy, drummer Michael Tapper sailed from Mexico to Hawaii, spending nearly a...
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews