Tag: Local Natives
Single Review: The Lighthouse and the Whaler – I Want To Feel AliveJune 9, 2015
I stumbled across The Lighthouse and the Whaler in late 2013 and fell instantly in love. I listened to their two albums non-stop for months and waited patiently for new music. I was elated when they released the news that a new album would be coming out this year (August 28th to be exact)....
Single Review: Indigo Wild – High PointMarch 20, 2015
Interview with Indigo WildJuly 15, 2014
Once again our friend Dean Tartaglia (Silent Lions) has turned us on to some great Columbus, Ohio music. Indigo Wild released their debut EP, If By Sea, in 2011 and listening to it makes me wonder if Local Natives used it as inspiration for their newest album, Hummingbird. Since then, the guys have...
Album Review: Yellow Ostrich – CosmosMarch 15, 2014
Before Yellow Ostrich got together to start working on any new material, Alex Schaaf spent as much time as he could studying up on some astronomers, particularly Carl Sagan and Frank Drake. While Schaaf spent his time exploring the galaxy, drummer Michael Tapper sailed from Mexico to Hawaii, spending nearly a...
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part II: Coasts, King Tuff, James Bay, Atlas Genius, and Iron & Wine feat. Ben Bridwell under Festival Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Interview with Dream Chief under Interviews