Album Review: Backpacks – Still LifeDecember 4, 2015
It’s always a treat to find a new emo band to fall in love with and even better when that band just happens to be Michigan grown. I became immediately obsessed with Backpacks after stumbling across their new EP, Still Life, on Bandcamp. What really caught my attention after listening to their...
Album Review: NOside – RapidisassemblySeptember 14, 2015
Every year as soon as August hits I begin to crave fall. I love a good flannel or hoodie, some pumpkin pie, and, for some strange reason, rock and emo music. Maybe it’s the memories of walking around the campus of my old alma mater, Grand Valley State University, while the leaves were changing, headphones firmly...
Jessica’s Top 14 Albums of 2014December 31, 2014
I can definitively say that this year’s year end album post is much harder than last year’s. I listened to more music and there were quite a few albums I didn’t even get to that I wanted to. It took weeks of listening and re-listening to get the list below but I’m pretty happy with what I...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Concert Review: Topshelf Tour Featuring Field Mouse, Prawn, Diamond Youth, and A Great Big Pile of LeavesOctober 2, 2014
September 27, 2014: The Pike Room, Pontiac
Having a lot of love for Prawn’s newest album, Kingfisher, I couldn’t really miss the chance to see them live. I made a note to pick up tickets, putting it off until I had some extra cash but between Chill on the Hill and getting sick, I managed...
Album Review: Prawn – KingfisherAugust 14, 2014
Every year, just after my annual trip to Traverse City for the Film Festival, I start to really crave autumn. Maybe it’s all the back to school ads, or because of the wonderful fall like weather we experienced here for a few days, but I’ve really started to ache for the cooler weather and beautiful...
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Mr. Phylzzz – Sound Like Everybody Else under Album Reviews
- Album Review: AØK – Waves under Album Reviews, Michigan Music