Single Review: Wonky Tonk – Four Letter WordFebruary 9, 2017
While my musical tastes have broadened quite a bit since starting UBL, I still find myself unable to enjoy most country music. I have, however, become much more willing to give new music a chance even it falls pretty close into the realm of country music. It was clear from the first glance that I...
New Discovery: ELELJanuary 15, 2015
Mid-way through January and I’m already craving spring and summer and we haven’t even gotten that much snow yet. Thankfully there’s “40 Watt”, a great summer track from up-and-coming Nashville 8-piece, ELEL. I know what you’re thinking, holy band members, but even with a packed roster, ELEL’s sound is never overwrought...
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part I: Bristol Street, Sleeper Agent, and My GoodnessSeptember 17, 2014
Chill on the Hill may be part of the reason I got the worst sinus infection of my life but I have to say that it was worth it. Two days filled with bands that I had been waiting years to see along with some surprises. There were a few things that I wasn’t happy...
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Morning Bear – Take Flight under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Interview with Dream Chief under Interviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music