Single Review: Wonky Tonk – Four Letter WordFebruary 9, 2017
While my musical tastes have broadened quite a bit since starting UBL, I still find myself unable to enjoy most country music. I have, however, become much more willing to give new music a chance even it falls pretty close into the realm of country music. It was clear from the first glance that I...
New Discovery: ELELJanuary 15, 2015
Mid-way through January and I’m already craving spring and summer and we haven’t even gotten that much snow yet. Thankfully there’s “40 Watt”, a great summer track from up-and-coming Nashville 8-piece, ELEL. I know what you’re thinking, holy band members, but even with a packed roster, ELEL’s sound is never overwrought...
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part I: Bristol Street, Sleeper Agent, and My GoodnessSeptember 17, 2014
Chill on the Hill may be part of the reason I got the worst sinus infection of my life but I have to say that it was worth it. Two days filled with bands that I had been waiting years to see along with some surprises. There were a few things that I wasn’t happy...
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Album Reviews
- Interview with Tim Browning & The Widowmakers under Interviews
- Interview with Five Hundredth Year under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Stu Larsen, The Once, and Passenger under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: The Stools – Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: Knox Hamilton under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Bad Suns – Language & Perspective under Album Reviews