Tag: JR JR
Album Review: AØK – WavesFebruary 15, 2019
After making music for eight years, Grand Rapids indie-pop duo AØK have decided to call it quits, but not before releasing one last set of dance inducing tracks. Guitarist Kyle Sullivan and singer Angela Teeple (aka Angela B) wanted to ensure that their farewell EP, Waves, would send them out on the high note so...
Jessica’s Favorite Albums of 2015December 30, 2015
It’s been a rough year personally for me and one of the things that suffered the most was UBL. I didn’t attend as many concerts and found myself unable to muster the motivation to listen to new music on the regular. When it finally came to compiling a list of my favorite albums of the...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2015December 28, 2015
2015 was not an easy year which means that UBL took a backseat. I reviewed a lot less albums and attended half as many shows as last year. While I missed some concerts that I would have loved to see, I did get to see a lot of bands that have been on my concert bucket...
Single Review: Gosh Pith – Gold ChainDecember 9, 2015
A band’s live performance can make or break your opinion of them. Admittedly, one of my favorite things about going to a concert is getting to check out some new to me bands and, hopefully, discovering new music to fall in love with. I’ve been exposed to a lot of home grown acts since starting...
Concert Review: Brothertiger, Gosh Pith, and JR JRNovember 15, 2015
November 13, 2015: Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak
There’s nothing like a concert that you’ve been looking forward to for months to get you through a crappy week. It’s been a big year for JR JR as their new self-titled album has started to garner the talented duo some overdue attention on national airwaves....
Chill on the Hill 2015 Part IV: JR JR, X Ambassadors, Cold War Kids, Coheed and Cambria, and Cage the ElephantOctober 6, 2015
To say that I was excited to see JR JR (formerly Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.) live again would be quite the understatement. They are currently one of my favorite bands and their show back in April of last year is still one of my favorite concerts of all time. The hometown boys wasted no time, kicking...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The Offspring under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Interview with The Lake Effects under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release Show under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Jessica’s Favorite Albums of 2015 under Best Of, Michigan Music