Tag: Jonathan Visger
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part IV: Hollow & Akimbo, Kyng, The Orwells, and SkatersSeptember 20, 2014
Having Hollow & Akimbo open up day two of Chill on the Hill was just icing on the cake of an already spectacular day of music. One of my favorite things about their self-titled debut was that each song was intricately layered enough so that you wouldn’t be able to...
Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & AkimboAugust 23, 2014
July 25, 2014: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor
I’d like to start out by apologizing for this being so late! I’m usually quick to get concert reviews done, but my life has been a small bundle of chaos lately with no real downtime to spend on any side projects. With that said, lets get right to...
Album Review: Hollow & Akimbo – Hollow & AkimboFebruary 16, 2014
Ann Arbor based duo Hollow & Akimbo‘s self-titled album is mindfully crafted in a way that requires multiples listens to hear every intricate texture layered perfectly over the album’s 10 tracks. Childhood friends Jonathan Visger and Brian Konicek have worked together before as part of the band Mason Proper...
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The Offspring under Festival Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release Show under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews