New Discovery: The Beach BatsAugust 21, 2019
If you’ve ever wondered what it might sound like if Jim Morrison, Tom Waits, and Jimmy Buffet got together for a psychedelic beach party, do I have a band for you. Hailing from the great white north, Hamilton, Ontario’s The Beach Bats just released their debut album, Last Resort this past spring....
Concert Review: Young Rival and Born RuffiansDecember 7, 2015
December 2, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I’ve been a Born Ruffian since I first heard “Little Garçon” off their album Red, Yellow & Blue back around 2008 but it wasn’t until the release of their 2013 album, Birthmarks, that Born Ruffians really sank their hooks into me. I listened to the album non-stop and still find myself revisiting...
Concert Review: Arkells, Jamie N Commons, & X AmbassadorsOctober 22, 2014
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Grounders – Grounders under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Creature Comfort – Echoes & Relics under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 1 under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with The Class Acts under Interviews, Michigan Music