Album Review: Farnsworth – Elk CityDecember 18, 2017
West Virginia duo Farnsworth are back after two long years with their newest full-length album. Like their self-titled EP, Elk City is a classic rock drenched set of songs that have the wonderful sneer of the 90’s. The album was completely tracked in three days with all the tracks recorded live in the...
Album Review: Resilient – How to PeachNovember 7, 2017
It seems that the only music that sates me lately is the thrashing alternative and grunge rock of the 90’s. While I haven’t minded blasting my old favorites, I couldn’t help but start to feel like I need something new to throw into the mix. Thankfully I stumbled across Philly quartet Resilient’s...
Album Review: Mr. Phylzzz – Sound Like Everybody ElseMay 10, 2016
It’s hard to believe that it took just two people to create the lo-fi punch of Mr. Phylzzz’s new EP, Sound Like Everybody Else. Feeling the need to explore their weird side a bit more, former Killtones members Clinton Vearil (guitar/vocals) and Ray Redmon (drums) formed Mr. Phylzzz. The result is a killer EP that grabs you by the...
Album Review: Leggy – DangJanuary 23, 2016
Lately I’ve been in need of some motivation, something to grab me and kick me into overdrive. Thankfully, up and coming garage rock trio Leggy just released a new EP that is dripping with sweet saccharine pop hiding beneath surf rock infused punk that’ll have you up and dancing like a go-go dancer on...
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Tim Korenich – What A Weird Thing under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Big Shoals under Interviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Dead Seem Old – This Mess Won’t Make Itself under Single Reviews