Tag: Garage Rock
Album Review: The Stools – Q-NailsAugust 12, 2018
One of the best things about running this blog has been the plethora or new music I’ve discovered in the process. I find myself listening to bands that I never would have even given a standing chance to before expanding my musical horizons a bit. Another big perk is getting more exposure to the local...
Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 1August 9, 2016
I’m going to be honest, the last thing I wanted to do when I woke up the Saturday of Mo Pop was get up and go sit out in the heat all day. I had been dreading the day all week after the temps rose back up to unbearable. That doesn’t even factor in the...
Album Review: Manwomanchild – Awkward IslandJuly 11, 2016
Album Review: Lemon Sky – DosMarch 30, 2016
Adult life has been kicking my butt recently, so much so that I’ve had little time for anything but work and adulting like a pro on my off time which means I’ve fallen behind on new releases. Thankfully, things seem to have settled down a bit and I’m finally finding pockets of time to spend...
Album Review: Leggy – DangJanuary 23, 2016
Lately I’ve been in need of some motivation, something to grab me and kick me into overdrive. Thankfully, up and coming garage rock trio Leggy just released a new EP that is dripping with sweet saccharine pop hiding beneath surf rock infused punk that’ll have you up and dancing like a go-go dancer on...
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Album Review: NOside – RapidisassemblySeptember 14, 2015
Every year as soon as August hits I begin to crave fall. I love a good flannel or hoodie, some pumpkin pie, and, for some strange reason, rock and emo music. Maybe it’s the memories of walking around the campus of my old alma mater, Grand Valley State University, while the leaves were changing, headphones firmly...
Get lost in the hazy psychedelic trip that is the debut album of Hamilton, Ontario's psychedelic indie rock outfit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski and The Soil And The Sun under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: The Wind + The Wave, Night Terrors of 1927, and The Colourist under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Morning Bear – Take Flight under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Bad Suns – Language & Perspective under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: X Ambassadors and Muse under Concert Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part II: Wild Cub, J Roddy Waltson & the Business, and Hundred Waters under Festival Reviews
- Interview with The Happy Alright under Interviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: Tigers Jaw, New Found Glory, and Yellowcard under Concert Reviews