Tag: Freedom Hill
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part VI: Chevelle, Awolnation, and Rise AgainstSeptember 22, 2014
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part V: Brick + Mortar, USS, Taking Back Sunday, and SilversteinSeptember 21, 2014
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part IV: Hollow & Akimbo, Kyng, The Orwells, and SkatersSeptember 20, 2014
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The OffspringSeptember 19, 2014
It was finally time for the three headlining acts to start their sets and the amphitheater had filled to the maximum capacity in preparation. First up was Bad Religion and from their first song I found myself wondering ‘why haven’t I been listening to these guys before this?’ I’ve heard of...
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part II: Portugal. The Man, Sycamour, Grouplove, and The BotsSeptember 18, 2014
Chill on the Hill 2014 Part I: Bristol Street, Sleeper Agent, and My GoodnessSeptember 17, 2014
Chill on the Hill may be part of the reason I got the worst sinus infection of my life but I have to say that it was worth it. Two days filled with bands that I had been waiting years to see along with some surprises. There were a few things that I wasn’t happy...
Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part V: Young the Giant and City and ColourAugust 4, 2014
Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part IV: Tokyo Police Club, The Neighbourhood, and Lord HuronAugust 1, 2014
We were finally into the last leg of the Festival and I couldn’t believe how quickly it had gone by. I was so elated to have gotten to see so many great bands perform and still so excited for the last batch. So with some pizza and water, we re-energized and prepared to close out...
Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By TurtlesJuly 25, 2014
Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part II: Wild Cub, J Roddy Waltson & the Business, and Hundred WatersJuly 21, 2014
The next three bands are the ones that I knew the least about and therefore were on the bottom of my Mo Pop Festival priority list. I know that seeing a band live can often sway me into at least appreciating them more and I was looking forward to getting to know these bands more...
Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part I: Flint Eastwood, MisterWives, and Bear HandsJuly 18, 2014
I knew as soon as I saw the list of bands that would be playing this year’s Mo Pop Festival that there was no way that I couldn’t go. With a great mixture of bands that I had wanted to see for years and newer bands that had just recently made my concert wishlist, I...
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Morning Bear – Take Flight under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews