Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Concert Review: Young Rival and Born RuffiansDecember 7, 2015
December 2, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I’ve been a Born Ruffian since I first heard “Little Garçon” off their album Red, Yellow & Blue back around 2008 but it wasn’t until the release of their 2013 album, Birthmarks, that Born Ruffians really sank their hooks into me. I listened to the album non-stop and still find myself revisiting...
Concert Review: Tanner Merritt, Andy Hull, and Dustin KensrueApril 27, 2015
April 22, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I had figured that the odds of Andy Hull ever playing any Right Away, Great Captain songs live were just about slim to none. When he announced a solo tour with Thrice front man, Dustin Kensrue, I still didn’t want to get my hopes up just in case....
Interview with Indigo WildJuly 15, 2014
Once again our friend Dean Tartaglia (Silent Lions) has turned us on to some great Columbus, Ohio music. Indigo Wild released their debut EP, If By Sea, in 2011 and listening to it makes me wonder if Local Natives used it as inspiration for their newest album, Hummingbird. Since then, the guys have...
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part III: Motion City SoundtrackMay 20, 2014
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part II: Tunde Olaniran and Flint EastwoodMay 13, 2014
The second half of my first Metro Times Blowout night featured two artists that I have come to look forward to seeing live. We’ve reviewed them both before and although their music is very different, the reason I love them is the same: They put on a hell of a live show.
Since starting the blog, I’ve...
Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part I: YUM and The HandGrenadesMay 8, 2014
When I first found out about Metro Times Blowout a few weeks ago I had to wonder how I could have missed it. A local music festival that features a long list of local bands spread over the metro-Detroit area seems like it would have been on my radar a long time ago but, alas,...
Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint EastwoodJanuary 20, 2014
Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release ShowJanuary 12, 2014
January 11, 2014: The Loving Touch, Ferndale, MI
Our new friend, Dean from Silent Lions, invited us to attend the second night of the Secret Friends Fest at The Loving Touch to celebrate the release of their new album, Compartments. Added bonus that there would be several other bands for us to check...
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Golden EP under Album Reviews
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Dead Seem Old – This Mess Won’t Make Itself under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Jeremy Messersmith – Heart Murmurs under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries