Album Review: Equipment – ChumpNovember 27, 2016
Admittedly, I’ve never been the most ambitious person. I’m pretty happy in my current existence but every once in a while I can’t help but wonder what I could have been had I my early twenties living up to my full potential. It’s rare that my mind drifts to these thoughts but it becomes hard...
Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part I featuring Baggage, Let It Happen, and Have MercyJune 10, 2016
June 5, 2016: The Fillmore, Detroit
The air that filled the Fillmore a few nights ago was filled with anticipation and a fair bit of sadness. I myself was filled with mixed emotions as the night began but we’ll save that for part II of this review. For now, let’s focus on the kick ass openers...
Album Review: The Happy Alright – Vacancies EPFebruary 18, 2016
As a thirty-something fan of pop-punk, I find myself often rolling my eyes at other music enthusiasts who seem to think that I’m a little old for the genre. While it’s hard not to feel like that sometimes, especially when I’m at a pop-punk concert and look around to see that, aside from parents, I might...
New Discovery: HarveyJanuary 26, 2016
Album Review: Hot Mulligan – Honest & CunningDecember 12, 2015
I’ve been diving into the tag system of Bandcamp to help me discover more music. I recently stumbled across Save Your Generation Records’ page, which just happens to be based out of Detroit, picked a random album to listen to and have had said album on repeat ever since. Hot Mulligan mixes...
Album Review: Backpacks – Still LifeDecember 4, 2015
It’s always a treat to find a new emo band to fall in love with and even better when that band just happens to be Michigan grown. I became immediately obsessed with Backpacks after stumbling across their new EP, Still Life, on Bandcamp. What really caught my attention after listening to their...
Interview with BackpacksDecember 1, 2015
If you haven’t used Bandcamp to discover new music yet then you’re really missing out. I can’t count the number of bands that I’ve discovered by spending hours clicking around the site. That’s how I discovered the musical stylings of Mount Pleasant, Michigan foursome, Backpacks. I was hooked for the opening of the...
Concert Review: Tigers Jaw, New Found Glory, and YellowcardNovember 8, 2015
November 5, 2015: Saint Andrew’s Hall, Detroit
There’s nothing like a show that’s filled to the brim with nostalgia and excited fans to help lift your spirits and remind you why you enjoy going to concerts in the first place. It’s been a rough year concert wise, mostly because I just seem to have no energy...
Album Review: NOside – RapidisassemblySeptember 14, 2015
Every year as soon as August hits I begin to crave fall. I love a good flannel or hoodie, some pumpkin pie, and, for some strange reason, rock and emo music. Maybe it’s the memories of walking around the campus of my old alma mater, Grand Valley State University, while the leaves were changing, headphones firmly...
Album Review: Prawn – KingfisherAugust 14, 2014
Every year, just after my annual trip to Traverse City for the Film Festival, I start to really crave autumn. Maybe it’s all the back to school ads, or because of the wonderful fall like weather we experienced here for a few days, but I’ve really started to ache for the cooler weather and beautiful...
Album Review: Special Explosion – The Art of Mothering EPMarch 5, 2014
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Creature Comfort – Echoes & Relics under Album Reviews
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries