Tag: Detroit River
Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 2August 14, 2016
The morning of day two of Mo Pop Festival was much different than that of day one. First off, it was raining which helped cool it down a bit (though the humidity still felt a bit ridiculous). Secondly, my mood had done a complete 180 after a day packed with amazing performances. I no longer had to...
Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 1August 9, 2016
I’m going to be honest, the last thing I wanted to do when I woke up the Saturday of Mo Pop was get up and go sit out in the heat all day. I had been dreading the day all week after the temps rose back up to unbearable. That doesn’t even factor in the...
Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part IV: Wild Child, The Front Bottoms, Saint Motel, Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas, and Modest MouseAugust 4, 2015
It was hard to believe that the day was going by so quickly and although I felt pretty tired, I was pretty pumped to see what the last few bands had to offer. I had yet to be disappointed by any bands and the back half of day two was a nice mix of acts...
Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part III: ELEL, Sonny & the Sunsets, Dreamers, GIVERS, In The Valley Below, and Viet CongAugust 3, 2015
It was already hotter outside than the previous day had been when I got to the line at West Riverfront Park on day two of Mo Pop 2015. Due to Passion Pit canceling, the set times had been pushed back giving me a time to sleep in which was great appreciated after the previous day....
Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part II: Coasts, King Tuff, James Bay, Atlas Genius, and Iron & Wine feat. Ben BridwellAugust 2, 2015
As much as I loved the first part of my Saturday at Mo Pop, I was particularly excited to see the bands that packed the last half. There were a few that I had been waiting to see for some time and had missed because of one reason or another. After snagging another bottle of...
Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part I: George Morris, Coin, Ryley Walker, Ex Cops, and Natalie PrassAugust 1, 2015
Last year Mo Pop Festival was one of my favorite events. It was my first experience at an all day music festival and there were so many bands that I was excited to see live that it was truly a perfect day for me. This year along with a venue change to downtown Detroit, the...
- Premiere: Valerie the Vulture – James Dean under Michigan Music, Premiere
- Album Review: The Stools – Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Crepes – Cold Summers EP under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Big Shoals – Hard Lessons under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Ghost Town Remedy – Super Glue under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Graceful Closure – Rév under Album Reviews