Tag: Dean Tartaglia
Single Review: San Cristobal – Mr. Wise Man / Lovely LisaJanuary 28, 2015
It’s been almost a year since I first reviewed Jacob Sigman’s Virginia EP. The five songs showed a lot of talent and promise for the young singer song-writer and I was further impressed when I got to see Sigman and his band, San Cristobal, open up for ...
Single Review: Silent Lions – This is SymbioticDecember 5, 2014
We’re approaching our one year anniversary here at Under Bright Lights and honestly I can’t believe how far this little idea has gone. We have a lot of people to thank for that but one of the bands we probably owe the most to would have to be the guys in Silent Lions. They were...
Interview with Indigo WildJuly 15, 2014
Once again our friend Dean Tartaglia (Silent Lions) has turned us on to some great Columbus, Ohio music. Indigo Wild released their debut EP, If By Sea, in 2011 and listening to it makes me wonder if Local Natives used it as inspiration for their newest album, Hummingbird. Since then, the guys have...
Concert Review: Silent Lions and ReignwolfMay 23, 2014
May 14, 2014: The Shelter, Detroit
The guys in Silent Lions were nice enough to invite me to their show at The Shelter so I decided to go and check out Reignwolf. Silent Lions always put on a great show and I was intrigued by the...
Silent Lions – Runnin’ Me Down Video & Interview with Matt KleinApril 29, 2014
Since starting this blog, we’ve become more and more immersed in the local music scene here in Detroit. We’ve had the opportunity to experience and meet some fantastic local talent and I have to say it’s been one of the best perks of starting Under Bright Lights. So in honor of the great talent Detroit,...
Album Review: Silent Lions – The CompartmentsJanuary 16, 2014
From the first note of “Runnin’ Me Down”, Silent Lions weaves a soulful, distorted journey through their newest EP, The Compartments. Dean Tartaglia’s often distorted voice slides over fuzzy bass lines, multiple synth loops, and eerie piano while Matt Klein’s thrashing drums drive the beat from soulful blues to psychedelic punk all...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The Offspring under Festival Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: Team Spirit, Hawthorne Heights, and Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Reviews
- Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release Show under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews