Tag: Dean Tartaglia
Single Review: San Cristobal – Mr. Wise Man / Lovely LisaJanuary 28, 2015
Single Review: Silent Lions – This is SymbioticDecember 5, 2014
We’re approaching our one year anniversary here at Under Bright Lights and honestly I can’t believe how far this little idea has gone. We have a lot of people to thank for that but one of the bands we probably owe the most to would have to be the guys in Silent Lions. They were...
Interview with Indigo WildJuly 15, 2014
Once again our friend Dean Tartaglia (Silent Lions) has turned us on to some great Columbus, Ohio music. Indigo Wild released their debut EP, If By Sea, in 2011 and listening to it makes me wonder if Local Natives used it as inspiration for their newest album, Hummingbird. Since then, the guys have...
Silent Lions – Runnin’ Me Down Video & Interview with Matt KleinApril 29, 2014
Since starting this blog, we’ve become more and more immersed in the local music scene here in Detroit. We’ve had the opportunity to experience and meet some fantastic local talent and I have to say it’s been one of the best perks of starting Under Bright Lights. So in honor of the great talent Detroit,...
Album Review: Silent Lions – The CompartmentsJanuary 16, 2014
From the first note of “Runnin’ Me Down”, Silent Lions weaves a soulful, distorted journey through their newest EP, The Compartments. Dean Tartaglia’s often distorted voice slides over fuzzy bass lines, multiple synth loops, and eerie piano while Matt Klein’s thrashing drums drive the beat from soulful blues to psychedelic punk all...
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- Interview with Big Shoals under Interviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Dead Seem Old – This Mess Won’t Make Itself under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Mountain Babies – Existence of Resistance under Album Reviews, Michigan Music