Single Review: Wonky Tonk – Four Letter WordFebruary 9, 2017
While my musical tastes have broadened quite a bit since starting UBL, I still find myself unable to enjoy most country music. I have, however, become much more willing to give new music a chance even it falls pretty close into the realm of country music. It was clear from the first glance that I...
Album Review: Jessie Abbey – The Deep and the SeaSeptember 11, 2016
Sometimes all you need to help jump start some creativity is a change in scenery. This was the case for singer-songwriter Jessie Abbey who made the move from sunny California to the just as sunny Florida with her band, Musical Charis. The move sparked Abbey to explore the music of her upbringing,...
Interview with Big ShoalsSeptember 3, 2016
There’s a reason that Big Shoals named their sophomore album Hard Lessons. I got to talk with singer Lance Howell about that as well as other inspiration behind the album and what the Florida trio is up to now that their newest album is out in the world.
Why don’t we start off with a quick introduction...
Album Review: Tim Browning & The Widowmakers – Bad IntentionsAugust 17, 2016
Honestly, I was a bit hesitant to listen to Tim Browning & The Widowmakers’ debut LP, Bad Intentions after checking them out online. I expected to get some twangy country tunes that I would probably only be able to get through a few tracks of before turning off. Thankfully, Tim Browning & The Widowmakers’ sound...
Album Review: Ell Phillips – Call It HomeSeptember 27, 2015
I’ve noticed that as I’m getting older my folk love has started to skew a bit more toward the country side of things. Not that I’ll be hitting a Kenny Chesney concert anytime soon, but I do have a much greater appreciation for folk country than before. This is why I couldn’t help but resist the...
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview With Dinner And A Suit under Interviews
- Concert Review: Gavin James and Kodaline under Concert Reviews
- Concert Review: Merriment, Sherri Dupree-Bemis, Matt Pryor, Perma, And Max Bemis under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Trouper – All Things Are Shadow under Album Reviews
- Interview with Benjamin Patrick of Akron Recording Company under Interviews