Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint EastwoodJanuary 20, 2014
January 18, 2014: The Loving Touch, Ferndale, Michigan
Another fantastic evening spent with great local music at The Loving Touch.
First up was DL Rossi, which was the only act I didn’t get a chance to check out before the show. His Guitar driven anthems about breakups, religion,...
Concert Review: Fusion Shows 6th Birthday feat. The Wild, You Blew It!, Kevin Devine, and The Front BottomsJanuary 11, 2014
January 10, 2014: The Crofoot, Pontiac, Michigan
After a long and frustrating day the last thing I wanted to do was go to a concert. All I really wanted was to curl up in bed and watch an awesomely bad movie but I reminded myself that no matter how exhausted I was, this concert would be...
Concert Review: Tegan and Sara & Walk Off The EarthDecember 15, 2013
93.9 The River’s Winter Icebreaker Concert
Wednesday, December 11, 2013: The Fillmore, Detroit, Michigan
I like to joke around that: if Twitter had a lotto Jessica would win! She scored us general admission tickets to see Tegan and Sara, featuring Walk Off The Earth. Honestly, I hadn’t ever really paid attention to Walk Off...
Concert Review: Merriment, Sherri Dupree-Bemis, Matt Pryor, Perma, And Max BemisDecember 12, 2013
December 5, 2013: The Shelter, Detroit, Michigan
You would think that Collin and Christie DuPree, aka Merriment, would be nervous just two shows into their tour. It can’t be easy opening up for veteran performers Matt Pryor (The Get Up Kids,...
Concert Review: Hellogoodbye, Metric, and ParamoreDecember 8, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013: The Palace, Auburn Hills, Michigan
It had been a while since I had listened to Hellogoodbye. So long, in fact, that I hadn’t even checked out the album they released back in 2010, Would It Kill You. Happy to report that they’ve only gotten better. Lead singer, Forrest...
Concert Review: O’Brother, The Front Bottoms, and Manchester OrchestraDecember 8, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013: St. Andrew’s Hall, Detroit, Michigan
Unfortunately I couldn’t make it in time to see O’Brother’s full set. They were mid-song when we walked into St. Andrew’s. The stage was awash in red light, casting the band in shadows which completely fit their sound. Dark, mysterious, a little...
Concert Review: Silent Lions, Flint Eastwood, and StepdadDecember 8, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013: The Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, Michigan
On November 14th I was notified that Stepdad was coming back into town. After regretting not seeing them earlier in the year—they toured through Michigan quite a bit—I was stoked! Immediately I contacted my partner in crime, Jessica, and told her we had to go. Ironically,...
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Everything’s Bad under Album Reviews
- Chill on the Hill 2014 Part III: Bad Religion, A Day to Remember, and The Offspring under Festival Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Mo Pop Festival 2014 Part III: Cold War Kids, Bad Suns, and Trampled By Turtles under Festival Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Secret Friends Fest / Silent Lions Compartments Release Show under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Tim Korenich – Darlin’ under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music