Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
Concert Review: Young Rival and Born RuffiansDecember 7, 2015
December 2, 2015: The Loving Touch, Ferndale
I’ve been a Born Ruffian since I first heard “Little Garçon” off their album Red, Yellow & Blue back around 2008 but it wasn’t until the release of their 2013 album, Birthmarks, that Born Ruffians really sank their hooks into me. I listened to the album non-stop and still find myself revisiting...
Album Review: Yukon Blonde – On BlondeJune 18, 2015
The day is finally here, Yukon Blonde’s newest album is currently streaming through my headphones and I can’t seem to get enough of it. It’s been 3 years since the Vancouver foursome dabbled in the fuzzy guitar sounds of the late 70’s and early 80’s on Tiger Talk and I’m guessing from what I’m...
Single Review: Yukon Blonde – ComoMay 11, 2015
It’s been a very long 3 years since Yukon Blonde released their last full length LP, Tiger Talk, so I basically squealed with joy when I saw that they had announced a new album for this year. With a new album comes little sneak peeks that get fans salivating and Yukon Blonde’s new single,...
Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is AfieAugust 28, 2014
Bahamas’ newest release, Bahamas is Afie, may be the closest that any album has ever gotten to actual seduction. I could feel myself melting from the first note of opening track “Waves” and suddenly I found myself swooning over every melody and gentle lilt of Afie Jurvanen’s voice. I fell in love.
While Bahamas is Afie sounds like...
Concert Review: Stu Larsen, The Once, and PassengerAugust 20, 2014
August 17, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
In need of an August concert and more recently finding myself obsessed with Passenger, I decided his first Detroit show was a must. Unfortunately there was also a One Direction concert in town so maneuvering through the streets of Detroit and finding reasonably priced parking was made a bit more...
Album Review: Sunny Pompeii – VinegarJuly 2, 2014
Album Review: Tokyo Police Club – ForcefieldMarch 21, 2014
Get lost in the hazy psychedelic trip that is the debut album of Hamilton, Ontario's psychedelic indie rock outfit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Interview with Today Junior under Interviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Interview with DL Rossi under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Chill on the Hill 2015 Part I: Arkells, Coleman Hell, Vinyl Theatre, Beartooth, Night Riots, and Thousand Foot Krutch under Festival Reviews
- Album Review: Parade of Lights - Feeling Electric under Album Reviews
- Interview with Five Hundredth Year under Interviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: The Stools - Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Parade of Lights - Golden EP under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Tigers Jaw, New Found Glory, and Yellowcard under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Bahamas - Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews