Tag: Blues Rock
Interview with Jack SwingJuly 2, 2019
Fuzz rock Pittsburgh quartet Jack Swing just released a new EP, Supermoon, stacked with energetic tracks that will ensure your summer is fueled by pure rock. Lead singer Isaiah Ross cut his teeth in the hardcore scene before forming Jack Swing. While Jack Swing’s music is mostly infused with classic rock, hard...
Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – HomeFebruary 9, 2018
It’s been about two and a half years since I first stumbled across the little emo gem of an EP, Everything’s Bad, from Kingston, New York quartet Kyle & The Pity Party. I remember being exceptionally impressed with the way the band mixed various genres cohesively, making them accessible to...
Mo Pop Festival 2016: Day 2August 14, 2016
The morning of day two of Mo Pop Festival was much different than that of day one. First off, it was raining which helped cool it down a bit (though the humidity still felt a bit ridiculous). Secondly, my mood had done a complete 180 after a day packed with amazing performances. I no longer had to...
Album Review: Mr. Phylzzz – Sound Like Everybody ElseMay 10, 2016
It’s hard to believe that it took just two people to create the lo-fi punch of Mr. Phylzzz’s new EP, Sound Like Everybody Else. Feeling the need to explore their weird side a bit more, former Killtones members Clinton Vearil (guitar/vocals) and Ray Redmon (drums) formed Mr. Phylzzz. The result is a killer EP that grabs you by the...
Album Review: Creature Comfort – Echoes & RelicsMay 3, 2016
Now that I’ve settled back into my little corner of the internet I’ve been able to put some time into discovering new music again and I’ve found the perfect band to get me back into the swing of things. Nashville foursome, Creature Comfort, craft a fun and carefree set of songs on their new...
Concert Preview: Secret Friends Fest 2016January 4, 2016
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Tim Korenich – What A Weird Thing under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Big Shoals under Interviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Dead Seem Old – This Mess Won’t Make Itself under Single Reviews