Interview with RiverhorseMarch 19, 2018
Brian Motyll started Riverhorse as a solo project and released an impressive set of tracks on his first LP, Opal. Now Riverhorse has returned with two new members, Scott Ahlgrim and Austin O’Connor, and a new album Who Gets The Last Laugh on Doomsday? The album is a set of songs that meld the...
Album Review: Mountain Babies – Existence of ResistanceMay 26, 2017
One of the best things about being a music blogger is you often just have amazing music fall into your lap. That was the case with Port Huron quartet Mountain Babies. Their newest EP, Existence of Resistance, and was immediately hooked to their unique nu-folk sound.
Existence of Resistance starts off somberly with the...
Interview with Big ShoalsSeptember 3, 2016
There’s a reason that Big Shoals named their sophomore album Hard Lessons. I got to talk with singer Lance Howell about that as well as other inspiration behind the album and what the Florida trio is up to now that their newest album is out in the world.
Why don’t we start off with a quick introduction...
Album Review: Big Shoals – Hard LessonsAugust 29, 2016
It’s the time of year where I start dreaming of cooler weather, horror movies, and lots of pumpkin pie. There are certain genres of music that I turn to when I’m starting to crave the fall. I’m not sure what it is about Americana music, but for some reason it’s my perfect soundtrack to a...
Album Review: Ell Phillips – Call It HomeSeptember 27, 2015
I’ve noticed that as I’m getting older my folk love has started to skew a bit more toward the country side of things. Not that I’ll be hitting a Kenny Chesney concert anytime soon, but I do have a much greater appreciation for folk country than before. This is why I couldn’t help but resist the...
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Astronauts – Four Songs EP under Album Reviews
- Jessica’s Top 13 Albums of 2013 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Jessica’s Top 14 Albums of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music