Album Review: Big Shoals – Hard LessonsAugust 29, 2016
It’s the time of year where I start dreaming of cooler weather, horror movies, and lots of pumpkin pie. There are certain genres of music that I turn to when I’m starting to crave the fall. I’m not sure what it is about Americana music, but for some reason it’s my perfect soundtrack to a...
Album Review: Blitzen Trapper – VIIJanuary 8, 2014
I ran across the title track off Blitzen Trapper’s album Furr last night, which caught my ears. However, I noticed that they had just released VII in December (thanks last.fm).
Blitzen Trapper is a folk/rock sextet formed in Portland, Oregon. Throughout the album you can definitely hear their alt-country tone. While I am not...
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews