New Discovery: The Beach BatsAugust 21, 2019
If you’ve ever wondered what it might sound like if Jim Morrison, Tom Waits, and Jimmy Buffet got together for a psychedelic beach party, do I have a band for you. Hailing from the great white north, Hamilton, Ontario’s The Beach Bats just released their debut album, Last Resort this past spring....
Premiere: Valerie the Vulture – James DeanAugust 16, 2019
Interview with Benjamin Patrick of Akron Recording CompanyJune 1, 2019
Nestled in Akron’s North Side sits Akron Recording Company (ARC), an analog recording facility that “combines the beauty of analog recording with the industry standard digital recording mediums to create a timeless sound.” The studio was founded as a way for artists and music lovers alike to connect and bond over...
Single Review: Ghost Town Remedy – Super GlueFebruary 28, 2019
Album Review: AØK – WavesFebruary 15, 2019
After making music for eight years, Grand Rapids indie-pop duo AØK have decided to call it quits, but not before releasing one last set of dance inducing tracks. Guitarist Kyle Sullivan and singer Angela Teeple (aka Angela B) wanted to ensure that their farewell EP, Waves, would send them out on the high note so...
Album Review: Lung – All the King’s HorsesJanuary 13, 2019
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries
- Album Review: Bahamas – Bahamas is Afie under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski, Jack and the Bear, San Cristobal, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Single Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Single Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music