New Discovery: The Beach BatsAugust 21, 2019
If you’ve ever wondered what it might sound like if Jim Morrison, Tom Waits, and Jimmy Buffet got together for a psychedelic beach party, do I have a band for you. Hailing from the great white north, Hamilton, Ontario’s The Beach Bats just released their debut album, Last Resort this past spring....
Premiere: Valerie the Vulture – James DeanAugust 16, 2019
Interview with Benjamin Patrick of Akron Recording CompanyJune 1, 2019
Nestled in Akron’s North Side sits Akron Recording Company (ARC), an analog recording facility that “combines the beauty of analog recording with the industry standard digital recording mediums to create a timeless sound.” The studio was founded as a way for artists and music lovers alike to connect and bond over...
Single Review: Ghost Town Remedy – Super GlueFebruary 28, 2019
Album Review: AØK – WavesFebruary 15, 2019
After making music for eight years, Grand Rapids indie-pop duo AØK have decided to call it quits, but not before releasing one last set of dance inducing tracks. Guitarist Kyle Sullivan and singer Angela Teeple (aka Angela B) wanted to ensure that their farewell EP, Waves, would send them out on the high note so...
Album Review: Lung – All the King’s HorsesJanuary 13, 2019
Get lost in the hazy psychedelic trip that is the debut album of Hamilton, Ontario's psychedelic indie rock outfit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: Parade of Lights – Feeling Electric under Album Reviews
- Album Review: The Stools – Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- Premiere: Valerie the Vulture – James Dean under Michigan Music, Premiere
- Concert Review: X Ambassadors and Muse under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: DREAMERS under New Discoveries
- Single Review: Silversun Pickups – Nightlight under Single Reviews
- New Discovery: ELEL under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: First Aid Kit under Concert Reviews
- Album Review: Jeremy Messersmith – Heart Murmurs under Album Reviews