Single Review: The Curls – Bad BoiSeptember 25, 2018
Fresh off their Pitchfork Music Festival performance, Chicago’s own The Curls have just released their killer new single “Bad Boi.” The new track from the art-pop sextet is a charming tale of love and rebellion.
“Bad Boi” starts with some charming horns, a bouncy beat, and enchanting backing vocals. Singer Mick Fansler croons...
Album Review: The Stools – Q-NailsAugust 12, 2018
One of the best things about running this blog has been the plethora or new music I’ve discovered in the process. I find myself listening to bands that I never would have even given a standing chance to before expanding my musical horizons a bit. Another big perk is getting more exposure to the local...
Interview with Jack KnightMay 27, 2018
Hailing from the small, northern California town of Chico, Jack Knight has harnessed influences ranging from Led Zeppelin to Neutral Milk Hotel and infused them with fuzzy guitars and witty lyrics on his debut LP, Some for Jack, Some for Jesus. There’s an air of familiarity the first time you listen through the album like when...
Interview with Today JuniorMay 11, 2018
Spring seems to have finally sprung which means summer is just around the corner and with it a stream of tracks vying to be the quintessential track of the summer. I submit for your consideration Boston trio Today Junior’s latest release, Single Forever. The band’s newest LP is stacked with 10 fuzzy surf rock...
Interview with RiverhorseMarch 19, 2018
Brian Motyll started Riverhorse as a solo project and released an impressive set of tracks on his first LP, Opal. Now Riverhorse has returned with two new members, Scott Ahlgrim and Austin O’Connor, and a new album Who Gets The Last Laugh on Doomsday? The album is a set of songs that meld the...
Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – HomeFebruary 9, 2018
It’s been about two and a half years since I first stumbled across the little emo gem of an EP, Everything’s Bad, from Kingston, New York quartet Kyle & The Pity Party. I remember being exceptionally impressed with the way the band mixed various genres cohesively, making them accessible to...
New Discovery: Alexander LynchJanuary 16, 2018
Sorry, no Tweets were found.
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Album Review: The Stools – Q-Nails under Album Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: Silent Lions and Reignwolf under Concert Reviews
- Premiere: Valerie the Vulture – James Dean under Michigan Music, Premiere
- Album Review: Bad Suns – Language & Perspective under Album Reviews
- Album Review: Neulore – Animal Evolve under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: X Ambassadors and Muse under Concert Reviews
- New Discovery: Knox Hamilton under New Discoveries
- Concert Review: Monumentour Featuring New Politics, Paramore, and Fall Out Boy under Concert Reviews