Jessica’s Top 14 Albums of 2014December 31, 2014
I can definitively say that this year’s year end album post is much harder than last year’s. I listened to more music and there were quite a few albums I didn’t even get to that I wanted to. It took weeks of listening and re-listening to get the list below but I’m pretty happy with what I...
Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014December 23, 2014
It was a bit harder this year to really narrow down my top performances. I saw 114 different bands in 2014 (thanks mostly to a couple of great festivals) so you can see why it might have been a bit of a task to narrow it down to just 10 like I did last year. I...
Concert Review: Reggie and the Full Effect, Saves the Day, and Say AnythingDecember 9, 2014
December 8, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
Despite the fact that I had a wedding to stand up in on Saturday (Congrats Jessica & Jeff!), there was nothing that was going to keep me from seeing two of my favorite bands play live. So although my body was crying out for me to stay home in bed,...
Single Review: Silent Lions – This is SymbioticDecember 5, 2014
We’re approaching our one year anniversary here at Under Bright Lights and honestly I can’t believe how far this little idea has gone. We have a lot of people to thank for that but one of the bands we probably owe the most to would have to be the guys in Silent Lions. They were...
New Discovery: DREAMERSDecember 3, 2014
What I probably miss most about having satellite radio is the ease at which I discovered new music. It’s not like it’s hard to find new bands to love what with the internet and all, but all I had to do was listen to the radio whenever I was in the car and I was...
Album Review: Coasts – A Rush of Blood EPDecember 1, 2014
Despite only just releasing their second EP, A Rush of Blood, today, Coasts are already poised to be the breakout band of 2015. The Bristol based five some has already secured spots for both Coachella and Lollapalooza for 2015 as well as securing a spot opening for Bad Suns during the North American...
Concert Review: Mikky Ekko and Alt-JNovember 12, 2014
November 10, 2014: The Fillmore, Detroit
Alt-J have made a permanent spot in my favorite band list over the last 2 years. No matter what current new release I’m falling in love with, I always seem to find my way back to An Awesome Wave. Their new release, This Is All Yours, has also made...
New Discovery: Eilidh McKellarNovember 9, 2014
Scotland’s own Eilidh McKellar has a musical talent beyond her mere 20 years of age. Her debut album Delta Devil Dreams draws inspiration from some of the best classic rock acts including Humble Pie, Eric Clapton, and Led Zeppelin, while adding a touch of blues thanks to McKellar’s soulful croon and guitar chops. McKellar has been playing...
Concert Review: San Cristobal, Big Sherb, and Joe Hertler and the Rainbow SeekersNovember 5, 2014
Album Review: Astronauts – Four Songs EPOctober 31, 2014
London songwriter Dan Carney, aka Astronauts, has been quite busy this year. After his debut single, “Skydive”, hit over 150,000 plays on Soundcloud, he released his debut album Hollow Ponds. There were some left overs from the album so Carney decided to release an EP to tide fans over until he could...
New Discovery: Dead Seem OldOctober 29, 2014
Concert Review: Arkells, Jamie N Commons, & X AmbassadorsOctober 22, 2014
- Album Review: Kyle & The Pity Party – Home under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: United Affair, Tunde Olaniran, and Hollow & Akimbo under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Interview with Leggy under Interviews
- Album Review: Leggy – Dang under Album Reviews
- Album Review: DREAMERS – This Album Does Not Exist under Album Reviews
- Concert Review: Flint Family BBQ Featuring Blaire Alise & the Bombshells, George Morris & the Gypsy Chorus, Monument, Monument, Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Concert Review: DL Rossi, Mike Mains & the Branches, The Hounds Below, and Flint Eastwood under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Jessica’s Favorite Performances of 2014 under Best Of, Michigan Music
- Album Review: Creature Comfort – Echoes & Relics under Album Reviews
- New Discovery: Alexander Lynch under Michigan Music, New Discoveries