Interview with Five Hundredth YearSeptember 17, 2015
One of the best things about the annual Chill on the Hill Festival that local radio station 89X throws every years it that there are always some talented acts out of Michigan that make the bill. The station also hosts a competition to let one up and coming Detroit band kick off day two of...
Interview with Mountain BirdSeptember 16, 2015
Adam Öhman has been crafting ethereal emotional tracks under the Mountain Bird moniker for a little while now but his new single “Dream” has him transitioning into a grander, cinematic sound that is sure to catch your attention. “Dream” is the first track off his upcoming full length LP due in spring of 2016 and as...
Interview with Dream ChiefSeptember 2, 2015
Interview with The Old AdageAugust 31, 2015
Interview with Young PioneerJuly 28, 2015
Interview With Dinner And A SuitSeptember 30, 2014
Dinner and a Suit has been going basically non-stop since the release of their 2012 LP, Since Our Departure, performing with the likes of Imagine Dragons and X Ambassadors. They still managed to find time to write and record their new EP, Stay. Jonathan Capeci was nice enough to sit down and answer some questions...
Interview with The Class ActsAugust 26, 2014
In my constant search for new music it’s nice to have a band kind of fall into your lap. Kalamazoo indie rock foursome, The Class Acts, contacted us about possibly reviewing their new EP, Plus One. I gave the EP a listen and then gave it another listen and then just one more before getting back...
Interview with Indigo WildJuly 15, 2014
Once again our friend Dean Tartaglia (Silent Lions) has turned us on to some great Columbus, Ohio music. Indigo Wild released their debut EP, If By Sea, in 2011 and listening to it makes me wonder if Local Natives used it as inspiration for their newest album, Hummingbird. Since then, the guys have...
Silent Lions – Runnin’ Me Down Video & Interview with Matt KleinApril 29, 2014
Since starting this blog, we’ve become more and more immersed in the local music scene here in Detroit. We’ve had the opportunity to experience and meet some fantastic local talent and I have to say it’s been one of the best perks of starting Under Bright Lights. So in honor of the great talent Detroit,...
Get lost in the hazy psychedelic trip that is the debut album of Hamilton, Ontario's psychedelic indie rock outfit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Premiere: Valerie the Vulture - James Dean under Michigan Music, Premiere
- New Discovery: Dead Poet Society under New Discoveries
- Interview with Benjamin Patrick of Akron Recording Company under Interviews
- Concert Review: So Long, Farewell Tour Part II featuring Motion City Soundtrack under Concert Previews
- Concert Review: Wayne Szalinski and The Soil And The Sun under Concert Reviews, Michigan Music
- Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part II: Coasts, King Tuff, James Bay, Atlas Genius, and Iron & Wine feat. Ben Bridwell under Festival Reviews
- Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part I: YUM and The HandGrenades under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Mo Pop Festival 2015 Part IV: Wild Child, The Front Bottoms, Saint Motel, Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas, and Modest Mouse under Festival Reviews, Michigan Music
- Metro Times Blowout 17 Review Part III: Motion City Soundtrack under Festival Reviews
- New Discovery: The Beach Bats under New Discoveries